Real-time Monitoring A real-time view into on-chain activity via the Forta Network.
Monitoring leading Web3 projects
About real-time monitoring with the Forta Network
Security has become increasingly critical in Web3 economies. Losses from exploits and hacks surged to $1.9 billion from January to July 2022 alone. Sometimes the impact of these events could have been minimized had the project team or end users been alerted in time. This is where real-time monitoring with Forta comes into play. With Forta, teams and end users can receive timely and relevant alerts about the security and health of protocols and systems, allowing investors and stakeholders to react quickly, and prevent exploits or minimize their impact.
In 2021, we started our involvement with Forta, the first decentralized security protocol for smart contracts. As of October 2022, we have built 138 detection bots for 20 different protocols across six blockchains, and counting. Our expertise and involvement span multiple areas:
- Custom bot development
- Forta Detection Bot Wizard
- Generalized bot maintenance work
- Forta Agent Tools library
- Smart contract development for Forta
- Scanner node operator for Forta Network
- Forta Governance council member
- Forta Arbiter committee member
At Nethermind, we see working with Forta to be a great opportunity to further strengthen our dedication to Ethereum protocol security.
Protocol specific, custom Forta detection bot development
Our bot development process is tailored to meet the needs of each protocol.
- Analysis of protocol use cases
- We analyze the documentation and gain a full understanding of the service at hand.
- Bot proposal and scope
- With iterative client input, our experienced engineers identify the areas that would most benefit from monitoring and generate a carefully constructed bot proposal, including a specification on how the bots will interact with the protocol’s deployed contract code.
- Bot development and deployment
- Lastly, we design all of the suggested bot logic resulting in fully developed bot implementations.
Forta Threat Detection Kits maintenance work
Nethermind provides ongoing maintenance to bots under Forta's various Threat Detection Kits. These are generalized bots that are meant to create alerts for on-chain activity irrespective of the protocol. The bots we provide maintenance work fall under the following different detection kits:
- DeFi Threat Detection Kit
- NFT Threat Detection Kit
- Bridge Threat Detection Kit
- Stablecoin Threat Detection Kit
- Governance Threat Detection Kit
See the Threat Detection Kits announcement
Forta Governance Council & Arbiter Committee memberships
Nethermind’s Tomasz Stańczak is a member of the Forta Governance Council, which seeks to “steward the continued evolution of the Forta Network by facilitating the collective action of its community.”
Similarly, Nethermind’s Roberto Cantu is a member of the Arbiter Committee for Forta. This committee is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and resolving technical complaints in the network - deciding to either withdraw, validate, or deny slashing proposals.
Forta’s Governance Framework announcement